So you are at the stage where you are ready to hire a VA. You have identified the gaps in your business (and if you haven’t, we offer a free, no obligation, Business Gap Analysis), you have a list of tasks to hand over to free up your time and hopefully, by now, the decision to outsource is feeling less scary.
The difference between using our consultancy versus finding your own standalone VA is that rest assured we have already done all the hard work for you. Our team of elite VA’s have already been vetted and we are confident that if we cannot match the perfect VA to you/ your business, we have the resources to be able to find the right person, quickly and effectively, for the job.
At VA Whiz, we recognise that not one size fits all. Some of our clients may have specific needs whereby certain skills are required and industry knowledge is essential. Our bespoke matching service is 99% effective, but we are aware that at times, for whatever reason the match may (from whatever side) not work, therefore we can guarantee that we can switch a VA quickly and easily causing minimal disruption to our service.
Here are some of the top qualities/ traits to look for when hiring a Virtual Assistant.
- Honesty – VA’s handle a lot of sensitive information. All our VA’s have signed an NDA with us. They will also have the necessary insurance.
- Reliability – A VA must be reliable. They can be the engine room behind your business and must perform consistently.
- Attention to detail – You want someone who takes the extra time to look for and correct mistakes, and someone who goes the extra mile to make sure every detail is sorted out and right.
- Works quickly – Virtual assistants typically get paid by the hour. As such, you want someone who is well trained, experienced, and knows how to work quickly. The more experience your virtual assistant has, the quicker they will be able to complete tasks. This will help you maximize your time and get value for money out of your virtual assistant.
- Resourceful – A VA must be innovative and creative with problem-solving skills that are second to none.
- Ability to multitask and prioritise – When handling several tasks / various client’s needs, a VA must be able to prioritise accordingly.
- Handles challenges well – The ability to work well under pressure is another positive quality of a good virtual assistant. Clients typically only think about their individual problems, rather than all of the tasks a virtual assistant is juggling. A virtual assistant that can keep their cool, treat that one client like they really are their only priority, and accomplish difficult tasks under pressure is worth their weight in gold.
- Dependability – You will need to be able to rely on your VA to be proactive as well as reactive.
- Full of ideas – As well as doing everything you need your VA to do, having a different set of eyes on something can be incredibly useful. Your VA may be able to streamline a procedure /offer insight into a better tool to manage tasks.
- Good Time Management – As mentioned before, virtual assistants have a lot of work on their plate. As such, it’s vital a virtual assistant is good at time management. They need to be able to juggle several tasks and ensure they get done day-in and day-out.
There are many more but we will explore those in our next blog.
Follow us on Social Media https://www.linkedin.com/company/virtual-assistant-whiz for more great tips, advice, anecdotes and information about what we do well.